Thursday, October 29, 2015

Friendship With The World


~ Halloween is only two days away, but it's not too late to remove yourself from something that is detestable to Yahuwah~

Halloween is always a hard subject to talk about. Growing up we were not allowed to take part in the festivities. After I got married and had children, we decided to allow our children to celebrate the holiday. If the church and the pastor and his family were celebrating, then why shouldn't we?  That was my excuse. As long as our children don’t dress in anything that’s evil, right?  There is nothing wrong with letting them dress as an angel or firefighter. They look so cute! This is what I told myself as we walked around, as long as we are to be the light to the world. 
But I was so wrong!  No one could tell that we were the light. I needed to stop fooling myself. We were in the world plain and simple! As I drew closer to Yahuwah and began to better understand his word and his commandments, I began to feel very convicted about how I had allowed my kids to take part in this event.

  • Yahuwah is a gift of life! But Halloween only focuses on death. Should we take part in celebrating a holiday where people only celebrate death? They love to decorate their homes and their front yards with death!



  • The Scriptures tell us to put away deeds of darkness (Rom.13:12) and that light has nothing in common with darkness (2 Cor. 6:14). So is celebrating a dark holiday like Halloween something a child of light should be taking a part in?



  • Witchcraft is detestable to Yahuwah (Deut 18:10-13). Shouldn't something that glorifies witchcraft be detestable to me too?



  • Halloween is a sacred holiday for Wiccans, the official religion of witchcraft. So, we are saying we want to celebrate alongside the Wiccans?



  • What if my child dresses in something wholesome, like a fire fighter costume. But remember Romans 16:19 says, "But I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil." If we allow our children to take part in Halloween, we are sending them a mixed message.



  • Yahuwah says in 2 Cor. 6:17, "Come out from them and be separate, touch no unclean thing." Yahuwah wants His children to be set apart from the world. Not in the world!


1 comment:

  1. Hello, I enjoyed this post and you did a great job on the topic. I do hope more parents will protect their children from the fear and evil of this terrible holiday that grieves our Father God...
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

Drowning in Boxes

 I am drowning in Boxes! I saw this photo and thought to myself yes this is how I feel.  We are officially now on the count down ...