Sunday, September 20, 2015

Money Honey

  
~~~ Let's talk about money ~~~
 
I have a saying that I try and adhere to when I am
 Out shopping and I see that wonderful sign that calls out to me! 
ON SALE or even better, it's on Clearance!!!
 

Here are a few tips and
 how I try and stick to my list



First thing I say Is ~ How many hours will my husband have to work and be away from our family to pay for what I am about to buy. This is a big thing for me. I love having my husband home with us. Call me crazy, but I actually like hanging out with my husband. And I don't like the thought that he has to work overtime for me to have that new book that's only going to go on the bookshelf because I am too busy taking care of the kids to read it. 

The second thing I do Is ~ I know you all are going to think I am crazy, but this is what I DO
When I am walking through the store and I see that cute sign for fall on sale and then there those placements you have been looking for and they're on sale. Score!  I grab them and put them in my cart and keep walking around the store. Target is the worse for me! When it's about time to check out I look threw my cart again and say to myself do we really need this or is it just another thing to clutter up our house. I am sure the workers are like here comes that crazy lady who fills up her cart then doesn't buy it. I can't tell you how many time I have had a cart full of stuff only to walk out with nothing or only one thing. What I like about this method of shopping is It gives me the feeling that I am shopping but without spending all the money and then there's the clutter part too.
 ~~~ Call me crazy what this is what I do ~~

It's not about can we afford it.  It's about do we really need it




Keep your lives free from the love of money,
and be satisfied with what you have,
for Yeshua himself has said,
 "I will never fail you or abandon you"
 Hebrews 13:5




.


4 comments:

  1. Oh MY... I laughed at the thought of you filling up your shopping cart and turning around and saying no to the most of the things in it! Wisdom and a great word for all of us!!
    You my dear are showing your real love and respect for your husband, and his hard work.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice Ashley, I think it is wonderful to consider how many hours your husband has to work to allow you to purchase….I think like this after a garage sale as well; spending so much time, cleaning out what I have too much of to make a little bit of money, only to spend it all quickly on other stuff that I have too much of….not so sure I want to do that. I like your shopping idea as we'll, and have sometimes done that myself. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have said this many of times too and it's all thanks to you. And it's so true! I don't want my hubby to work overtime because I am spending to much money on the "wants".
    You are too funny filling your cart and then not buying it. If it works, why not! I'll sometimes put something in my cart, continue shopping and then turn around and put it back. There really isn't anything I need...my house is full to the brim!
    I hope you have a great week!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have said this many of times too and it's all thanks to you. And it's so true! I don't want my hubby to work overtime because I am spending to much money on the "wants".
    You are too funny filling your cart and then not buying it. If it works, why not! I'll sometimes put something in my cart, continue shopping and then turn around and put it back. There really isn't anything I need...my house is full to the brim!
    I hope you have a great week!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Drowning in Boxes

 I am drowning in Boxes! I saw this photo and thought to myself yes this is how I feel.  We are officially now on the count down ...