Sunday, September 13, 2015

Monkeys's Everywhere

 
~Monkey's Must Go~
Having kids, I wanted to have a bathroom that was decorated for them so when we moved into this house 4 years ago I decorated their bathroom in monkeys.
 They loved it and it was cute for some time.
But after seeing monkeys all the time it got old real fast...
 Mind you, this bathroom is the kids and also the guest bathroom too..
So  I asked my hubby If I could redo the kids bathroom and he said yes but don't spend a lot.
 So I got my thinking cap on and went to work.
  
The before

After!

Before!
After
After!


He I took some scrapbook paper and put Mod Podge on the outlets
 And covered them, they came out so cute!


 
 
After I took the frame that I had spray painted I found a verse
 That talked about water used my Cricut to cut it out and put it all together!
 It was just what the bathroom needed!!!
 
 
 

It was so much fun to do with this room. And I just love how it  all turned out.
Here is a what I was able to do
I had a gallon of  a light blue paint that I had bought at Lowes for $5.50
Aka if you don't care what color you get then I would recommend the oops paint.
 It's always cheap and I have not found a color that I did not like yet.
 Most of my house is done with oops paint!!!
 
I went to the thrift store and found this beautiful shower curtain
And rings for less than $6.00. Score....
I bought a can of chocolate brown spray paint and went to work.
I sprayed painted the hand towel and the toilet paper roll and the shower curtain rod, The frame for this photo and a shelf that I found in the shed.
I still need a few things to pull it altogether. Then I remembered that I had gotten a $10 coupon in the mail for Kohl's so off we went. I was so happy to find that the bath rugs and towels were on sale that day. Yay!! So with $10 and a little bit more I was able to buy some new bath rugs and 2 hand towels. But of course you need a toothbrush holder, soap dish and a trash can. So I was able to find them at Wal-Mart.
I was able to redo the whole bathroom for less the $33.00

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I loved the title of this post, I think your bathroom makeover is very pretty. Love the browns and blues. And look no more monkeys ...
    It feels good to have a makeover that does not cost a large amount of money!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done in the bathroom! It's amazing when you can do a "redo" for such a great price. I love the browns and blue and that scripture in the picture frame is perfect! What a great thing to do on the outlet covers!! Love it all!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun redo! Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jes! It was a wonderful change!

      Delete

Drowning in Boxes

 I am drowning in Boxes! I saw this photo and thought to myself yes this is how I feel.  We are officially now on the count down ...